Purpose guides life decisions, influences behavior, shapes goals, offers a sense of direction, and creates meaning. Leading a purposeful life is directly related to both health and happiness, and it has a major impact on our well-being.
Below are various activities to do with your employees that you can click on to help you get started on your corporate journey to a stronger purpose at your worksite.
Purpose Well-being Resources
The Chalk Board Experiment
The objective of this challenge is to help employees reflect on life, identify their talents, skills, barriers, share their personal aspirations and ultimately help them discover their true purpose in life.
- Download the Chalkboard Experiment toolkit
Gratitude Jar Challenge
Keeping a Gratitude Jar is a powerful thing you can do to create positive changes within your life. Plus, it's super simple. The idea behind this simple jar is to jot down good things that happen to you and your family throughout the year. This is a great way to remember to celebrate the little things.
Being mindful and focusing on the moment can help us to rest our minds and refresh our spirit while also allowing us to complete daily tasks efficiently. The bean game is a great way to help your employees focus on the task at hand and manage the additional stress of time sensitive projects by stepping back, breathing deeply and focusing.
- Download the Being Mindful toolkit
- The Bean Jar: One Minute Intervention- Michelle L Taylor, M.S.
- Total Wellness’ Positivity Pack is a deck of 52 affirmations, and is one of the simplest ways you can help employees change their mindset and improve their life. These bright, cheery cards offer words of wisdom and affirmation to help get you through a bad minute, day or week. Pass out the full deck, post to a bulletin board, or send electronically.
We Believe in Us
This fun activity can help you and your employees to define how their own core company values and beliefs define your company to make it an inclusive employee experience. This can be done globally or within each specific department as a team building exercise.
- Download the We Believe in Us Because… toolkit
Volunteering with corporate colleagues is a great way to increase socialization as well as find purpose in volunteering for your local community.
- Download the Corporate Volunteering toolkit
Help your employees focus on their purpose in the community by hosting an onsite blood drive with the American Red Cross. Hosting a blood drive with the American Red Cross is a partnership where everyone wins.
- Organizations gain goodwill from their community and build morale and camaraderie as their members work together for a good cause.
- Blood donors feel good about giving back together with colleagues, friends or peers.
- The Red Cross is better able to fulfill its mission of ensuring the availability of a safe and reliable blood supply.
- Patients in the community and across the nation receive the gift of life.
Visit the American Red Cross for details on how to partner with them in hosting a blood drive at your organization.